I was also amazed at how EASY it was to do it, given the proper guidance & tools. This one calls for no proofing & no kneading, which I find amazing!
Here is my recipe, Organic Crusty Bread Recipe (adapted from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day)
3 cups warm water (100 degrees F)
1 1/2 T yeast
1 1/2 T sea salt
6 1/2 cups Organic All Purpose White Flour
Makes 4 loaves.
1. In a large bowl (16 cup capacity), add water, then sprinkle the yeast & salt in the same bowl. Don't worry about mixing.
2. Then add all 6 1/2 cups of flour at the same time. With a wooden spoon mix all the ingredients just until it is all moist with no dry patches.
3. Let rise until double about 2 hours. Once it has risen, put it in the fridge for up to 3 hours or overnight. (It can stay there for up to a week until you are ready to bake).
4. On baking day, divide dough into 4 parts. Flour your pizza peel well. NO NEED TO KNEAD THE DOUGH! Just cloak it with flour & shape into desired form. Then place it on the pizza peel. Let rest 40 minutes. Make sure you have enough flour on the bottom so that it does not stick.
5. Put stone on middle rack of oven, and an empty broiler pan on the rack below it. Preheat for 20 minutes at 450.
6. Once dough is rested, sprinkle tops with flour, & cut by making a criss cross or line pattern on it by slicing 1/4" down into top of dough (see pics).
7. Now add 1-2 cups of water to your broiler pan. It will start to steam. With a flick of the wrist slide loaves onto the stone.
8. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool on racks. The loaves will be golden!
This dough is very versatile, if you wish to divide it and bake one loaf at a time it works great that way. I also used some of the same dough to make sticky buns!